From the Inbox:
We are proud to present to you the MySQL Server 5.1.30 GA release, the
first 5.1 production version of the popular open source database.
MySQL 5.1.30 is recommended for use on production systems.
MySQL 5.1 provides a number of new enhancements including:
- Table and index partitioning
- Row-based and mixed replication
- Built-in job scheduler
- Improved XML handling with XPath support
- New SQL diagnostic aids and performance utilities
- The return of the embedded library (libmysqld)
For a more complete look at what's new in MySQL 5.1, please see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-nutshell.html
I have been working with MySQL 5.1 for quite some time and am delighted to see it come into a full production state.